AIM SIG and my talk about Enterprise Manager 12c
Posted by Martin Bach on March 15, 2012
Yesterday I presented at UKOUG’s Availability, Infrastructure and Management Special Interest Group (hey, say this 3 times in a row, quickly!) about Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c and my experience with it. As my good fried Piet de Visser pointed out I had way too much to say for the 45 minute slot allocated. But then Piet always tells me that. Sadly he is also often right :) That’s why I like seeing him during my talks!
In summary I would have liked to do a different presentation, and that’s for two reasons: 1) I overran and 2) I haven’t managed to show the patching part which is hugely interesting, at least to me.
Now here’s the reason for the blog post. I haven’t done online seminars yet, and was wondering if people were interested in a 1-1.5 hour UKOUG-like presentation from myself, broadcast via Goto Meeting or similar to an audience. Would that be of interest? The topics to be covered are:
- Thinking about the installation of OEM 12c including HA and other deployment options
- Walking through the installation using print screens (it takes too long and I would bore you showing a slow moving progress bar)
- Demo time, i.e. logging on to the system and showing a few things
For the interactive part I’d
- show the new user interface
- walk through the agent push
- demonstrate how to add a target
- and finally guide you through the patching process
I prefer this to be interactive (technology permitting), with a timescale of 1 to 1.5 hours and a Q&A session at the end. I will try to set something up if there is sufficient interest.
WARNING & disclaimer
I’m not an expert in OEM 12c! I installed it, played with it and can show you what I know.