Some more grief today when trying to raise service requests through the flashy yet unreliable MOS frontend. Today has apparently seen the rollout of a patch only to break it some more. Check the oracle-l mailing list archives for some user feedback, it really has been horrendous. If you had to design a hack of the site, it couldn’t have been as bad.
But I digress. I had the problem that MOS didn’t accept my choice of product in the 2nd page of the wizard, even when selecting it from the drop-down list. Oracle Server – Enterprise Edition: how could this be more basic? Anyway, I phoned Oracle support and the first 3 people hung up in the cause of our conversation. Now that it creative support work! But it’s only a problem with the application, which can be worked around. First of all, don’t use the flash interface, for the obvious problems. Use the HTML version instead: https://supporthtml.oracle.com and log in as normal
In order to raise a SR, use the following instructions after having clicked on “Create SR”:
- Please fill in the first 2 pages only!
- Then click on “save draft”
- Sign out of metalink, then close your browser (not joking!)
- Start another browser and log in again using the html interface
- Next go to the SRs and find your draft
- From there on, proceed as normal.
Hope that helps!